Re: Granting su rights to users? Using PAM and Kerberos...

> Super!  But... what about files you have NO IDEA which
> are properly set in the filesystems...  that seems to
> be a nightmare?  I wonder if anyone has a filesystem
> checker in cases that they get changed by mistake?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions tho!

What else would such a "checker" have to check against but the RPM database?

for i in `rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME} "` ; do rpm -q -V $i ; done

Be warned

 - this finds a bug in RPM on my box, gives a (generally) harmless backtrace

 - It's noisy, a lot of things have changed as a normal part of using
the package.

>From the man file:

       S file Size differs
       M Mode differs (includes permissions and file type)
       5 MD5 sum differs
       D Device major/minor number mismatch
       L readLink(2) path mismatch
       U User ownership differs
       G Group ownership differs
       T mTime differs

 - you probably want to capture the output or pipe it through less

to fix them, I guess you could try reinstalling the rpm involved with
--oldpackage.  I couldn't find a way to get --list on RPM to show filemodes.

-Andy