Re: Is Helix Player usefull?

2005/11/22, joao paulo pires <198mdk@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed HelixPlayer at FC4. Each time I try see some movie (wmv, asf,
> avi) I got no success. What can I do with Helix Player?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Joao Paulo Pires
> --

the codecs you mentioned are proprietary codecs. actually you can:

1. shoot the people that encoded with proprietary encoders
2. write em an email in the hopes that they will get a clue and encode
it with free unpatented technologies
3. install realplayer binary stuff and have helixplayer playing the stuff

regards,
Rudolf Kastl