Re: Installing a newer version of gcc

On 11/21/05, Mark Jordan <mark.theexile@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hey guys (and gals)

I was trying to install kdewebdevs and quanta+ when the configure
script said that my version of gcc was blacklisted as it compiled
kdewebdev wrongly. How can i go about removing my current version of
gcc, and where is it stored? many thanks as the gcc docs are very
confusing.

Mark

Are you certain that you need a newer version of gcc? It is possible that you have the latest released version and that you need to install an older version in order to compile these applications. Running the following from the command line will tell you what you currently have installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep gcc

Once you know search for how to install two concurrent versions of gcc.