Re: batch convert mp3 to ogg

I would strongly recommend re-ripping the whole structure. If you intend to hear it on your computer only - re-rip to the Flac format. If you need it for a mobile player device, make sure it supports OGG Vorbis an then re-rip it to that.

This post reminded me I should check if I can make my Nokia 6680 smartphone play Flac, if it can, I will also re-rip all.

As for the ripper itself - I found Grip to be my best choice - but it is a matter of taste - it is a front-end, so I guess you can find other front-ends that better suit your liking.

On 11/21/05, THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/6/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> James Wilkinson wrote:
..
> FWIW, I rip to flac as it is lossless.  Now to get a flac codec on
> my mp3 player.
..

Ah, interesting.  I always found it strange that with the advent of
*more* storage (iPod) that quality hasn't improved at the same pace.

-Thufir