Re: Installation of Fedora Core 4

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 15:48 -0600, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> First, if you don't accept mail at your return address I would ask you
> not to send me private mail which I can't resond to.

Don't ask to be sent one, then.  I don't always notice that someone's
added their address to the TO field on mailing lists.  The times that I
do, I normally remove it.  I tend to consider such things as an attempt
so snare addresses.

> Now for debugging. When you install ctl-alt-F2 or ctl-alt-F3 (I forget
> which) allow you to see the isntallation messages and errors as they
> occur.  The messages will tell you what the installer as doing and
> where it fails.

Yes, looked at them before.  Usually the error's deep inside the install
routine.

> There is also an install.log created it seems to me which might tell
> you something.

There isn't always a writeable drive on the system by then.

I read messages from the public lists.