Re: system lock up

chris wrote:
> I have looked at the video driver, it is using the RADEON driver, is
> there possibly a problem with the generic/oem cards?

Didn't see the earlier messages, but I had a problem with my old Radeon
card. I found that by editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf, commenting out
        Load  "dri"
(with a # at the start of the line), and changing the radeon driver to
ati, I could get a stable desktop.

Warning: this will disable 3D acceleration, but leave 2D working.

You might want to try this and see if it helps system stability.

I never worked out if this was a board problem or a chipset problem.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | And the cuckoo isn't cooing,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | But he's cucking and he's ooing,