Re: Updating Packages On FC4

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 22:59 -0800, Usman S. Ansari wrote:

I am trying to update using uptodate and I get e.g.

The package xyz_FC4 is not signed with a GPG signature. Continue ?

There are many many updates and answering yes for them is not possible.
What can I do ?

Are these from the FC4 update repository?
I've not experienced any official FC4 updates myself that are not
signed. There are I think a couple packages in the base repo that are
not signed (they should be) - but every update I have seen in fact has
been signed.

Probably, the keys are not installed at all on Usman's machine.

    rpm --import /etc/rpm-gpg/*

Then try again.

That is a misleading way of reporting the error. It shouldn't say "package not signed" if the package is signed, it should say "package not signed with a known key".

Thnaks. I tried and got

[root@usman rpm]# rpm --import /etc/rpm-gpg/*
error: /etc/rpm-gpg/*: import read failed(-1).

What else is missing ?

--
Hi checkout http://www.beconvinced.com