Re: OT: Mac FS question (URGENT)

Thank you all for you pointers,  I unfortunately found the file system can NOT be extended - Arg! I am now in the process of try to create a new RAID on the second channel of the RAID.  It has been initializing all day and it is only 12% done.  Why is so slow?  (rhetorical question)  After it is done I plan on partitioning it and exporting it with the disk utility I hope.

Thanks again for the guidance,

  - Jamie

On 11/12/05, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 10:45:03AM -0700, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> Sorry, I know this is off way topic but I am hope (praying) some one on this
> list knows Mac OS X.
>
> I was given a Mac server running OS X to administor. I was asked to
> expand a file sytem on it. I was able to expand the RAID however I can
> not find any docuementation on how to expand the file system. I need
> help ASAP as they want it done today - ARG! I have googled on many
> different things (expand file system, expendfs, grow file system, ...)
> and none have lead to what I needed.
>
> They let go the only Mac Admin we had, again ARG!

If you OS X server was properly configured (and you don't say what
version of OX X you have) then a Administration manual from CD 4 (for
10.4) or from the DVD should be found on system.
Otherwise go to the OS X home site and you will find a large number of
Manuals including one on Administration that you can read (they are
.pdf) or download.

If you are looking for a command line interface there is a manual for
that. I made a mistake and did not bring it home with me or I could
give you the exact name but the word command line is in its title.

Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
                -- W. Somerset Maugham