Re: KDE Autostart

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

On Saturday 12 November 2005 20:36, Pete wrote:

Hey All
I need to know how to have programs start automatically when I boot
up the system.  I have been hunting around the Internet and the
closest thing I have found is supposed to be in
~/desktop/.kde/Autostart.  But I have not found anything to indicate
HOW to set this up.  I am running KDE.  I did find in Gnome where to
add startup programs in the Session. Is there something similar in
KDE?  Can anyone help?

Hi Pete,

You're almost there. What you need to do is to create a symbolic link from the program into the Autostart directory. So, if you want to run /usr/bin/ssh-add at KDE startup, do:

$ ln -s /usr/bin/ssh-add ~/.kde/Autostart

Anand

That worked perfect
Thank you

Pete