Re: KDE Autostart

On 11/12/05, Pete <pchoppin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey All
> I need to know how to have programs start automatically when I boot up
> the system.  I have been hunting around the Internet and the closest
> thing I have found is supposed to be in ~/desktop/.kde/Autostart.  But I
> have not found anything to indicate HOW to set this up.  I am running
> KDE.  I did find in Gnome where to add startup programs in the Session.
> Is there something similar in KDE?  Can anyone help?
The Autostart should be a folder on your desktop.

Right click on your desktop, then choose Create New -> Link to
Application. Give it a name on the General screen. On the Application
screen fill in the command. The rest are optional. Click OK. This will
now appear on  your desktop. Drag this to the Autostart folder.

HTH
N.Emile...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.