Problem with VPN connections

Dear All

I use pptp client to establish VPN connections to Microsoft servers,
selecting "All Traffic Through Tunnel". It works fine, except when I
try to browse a site opened before the VPN connection. The connection
to that site is simply not possible, and I suspect that the routing
rules (for the traffic to that site) are kept in memory and not
erased. Is there some solution for this problem? I mean, is there some
way of clearing up the routing rules set before the VPN connection is
established?

Thanks in advance,

Paul