Re: n00b question - removing packages from Fedora Core 4

Mark Jordan wrote:
I've had FC4 for a little while now and have decided i cant really use
stuff like eclipse and OO.org because theyre just too big for my
little system. How can I go about removing rpms to free up disk space?
Can i also remove all the rpms that nothing is dependent on?

Mark

--

This message is best viewed with your eyes.

You could try:
 yum erase eclipse

Also, check out the man page for yum:
 man yum

From what I've gathered (and experienced here), yum is the package manager to use with Fedora.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.