Re: NFS Server

Mark Hittinger wrote:

server <hostname> not responding, still trying

How many nfsd's do you run?  I have a somewhat larger cluster with a mix
of gigabit and 10/100.  I also ran into a similar problem and had to boost
the number of nfsd's.

I put "RPCNFSDCOUNT=16" into /etc/sysconfig/nfs and restarted the file
servers.  I haven't seen the problem since.

Later

Mark Hittinger
bugs@xxxxxx

I've been running the default # of nfsd's on the cluster. Right now the problem isn't the number of nfsd's as it's the first (and all if i turn them on) node that's having the problems.

I'll try the previous suggestions from this list on monday.

Thanks for your help so far

-Mike Poublon