2.6.14 update throws kernel panic

I updated to the 2.6.14 release today and was greeted with a kernel
panic on reboot.  It looks like some behaviour has changed regarding the
kernel boot option "iommu=memaper=x" flags.

I have a dual opteron 246 with 6GB of ram on an ASUS K8N-DL.  It
apparently doesn't have an IOMMU on board, so I have been able to
function with the iommu=memaper=3 option up until now.

The panic was pretty short, no code or pointer to output.  It just
referenced the fact that I didn't have an IOMMU and halted.

Sean