Re: Yum?

If you're using the "rotating server" option, it could be that the first server you tried hadn't been updated yet.

I noticed from the release notes, the new kernel just came out yesterday, and may not have propagated.

Jon

Knute Johnson wrote:

Yesterday I ran yum update on my laptop and got the new kernel and a couple of other packages. Everything worked just fine. Then I ran yum update on my desktop and the first time I ran it there were no updates. I thought that was odd because there were for the laptop and they have similar FC4 installations. So I ran it again and there were a couple of packages but not the kernel. So I ran it one more time and the new kernel showed up. Is this normal behavior? Any ideas why it would take three tries to make yum get all of the packages? There were no errors reported at any time. I have had it switch to different mirrors before but not this time.

Thanks,