Re: FC4 Bootdisk

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 15:07 +0700, Rapid Sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have used this command in FC4 to make boot diskette but it does not
> work like Redhat 9.
>
> dd if=bootdisk.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k
>
> How can I make boot diskette in FC4?

The image is too big to put onto a floppy, an alternative is to make a
GRUB floppy disk.  You're putting a bootloader onto the floppy, which
hands over booting to the hard drive you want to run an OS from.

Try searching the net for information on making a GRUB boot disk, that
might find you something you can work with.  It's been too long since I
did it to remember how I did it.

I read messages from the public lists.