Re: Large emailbox & Evolution/Dovecot = slow

Mike McMullen wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Gaynor" <briang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: Large emailbox & Evolution/Dovecot = slow

I use Evolution and IMAP with Dovecot on an updated FC4 system. Dovecot
uses its included config. My mailbox is now about 76 megs and rapidly
growing because of the various high-volume mailing lists I'm subscribed
too. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the
responsiveness of Evolution/Dovecot is deteriorating. Anyone have any
idea how I can optimize this setup so I get a decent performance again?

I'm running Dovecot/IMAP on a small office network were many users have
200MB+ sized mailboxes and haven't seen any performance problems. Our
mailboxes are using Maildir format (converted sometime ago from mbox
using a perl script I found online).

Brian Gaynor
www.pmccorp.com
FC4/Linux on DELL Inspiron 5160 3.0Ghz

Hi Brian,

I am looking to convert our small office from mbox to maildir format. Could
you email me the perl script you used to convert or point me to where it is?

I've been looking for exactly that type of tool.

Thanks,

Mike

Google for mb2md.

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555