Slow Writing to Lexar Jump Drive

I have a 128 MB USB Lexar Jump Drive.  It worked reliably for me for
close to a year.  About a month ago it became painfully slow when
writing large files to it (both Fedora and Windows) - It takes about 24
minutes to write a 4.5 MB file to it.   Read speed from the device
appears to be as fast as always.

I contacted Lexar and they suggested that I reformat the device with
FAT32 format.  After reformatting to FAT32 read/write speed when using
Windows appears to be back to normal.   However when automounted on my
FC3 desktop the write speed is still 24 minutes to write the same 4.5 MB
file.   Fast on Windows slow on Fedora - any one have any suggestions?

Of course Lexar is no help when it comes to Linux.