Re: Scared by the high traffic in the maillist

Roger Ye wrote:

> I'm a newcomer to the maillist fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>,
> just after only one day subscription, now I got scared,
> by such a high traffic in this list, over 50 topics in only
> one day!
>
> That's too many for me, I just want to get some smell
> of the buzz in the community in my spare time, maybe
> there's no such people/job, but justimagine there's a
> guy who has the job to monitor this maillist, he has to
> process one topic with an average of 10 mins. not mention
> the number of message in each topic and the mind-switch
> between quite a few topics. that's a terrible work!
>
> Therefore I think this mail list should get splitted up,
> to several more specific lists, and people can freely
> choose with list he/she want to subscribe.
> and question makers can also post his question
> to a more appropriate list to get a reply more quickly.
>
> Or maybe some rules should be setup that some
> certain questions should be posted in the fedoraforum.org
> <http://fedoraforum.org>
> instead of herein the maillist?
>
> On another side, does such high traffic here means
> linux still has too many problems? I do think so,
>
> And it's also a problem that to get a working environment
> people has to do, to learn too many OS related stuff.
> but the fundamental should be that OS is just a platform
> which help us to work, to make sothing, and to bring us
> efficiency, but not a big part ordinary user should care a lot.
>
> I believe the linux community has a huge amount of users/
> developers, but we have so many distros, also for each
> single app we can have several choices; again, but each of
> them is not easy to get usable quickly, every user, geek or
> regular user, need to do some work to get it to work, and
> for each alternative we may have to different things or in
> different ways to get them work.
>
> Is Linux too free to create so many incomplete variants?
> should we have a centralized community like Eclipse one?
> just look at the great conquence the Eclipse community
> has bring to the Java world and to the industry.
>

> --
> Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose
> a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can.
> But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.
>                                           -- Mary Hemingway

Yeah. just a little configuration an you're fine. I set up a acpecial
email acount with lots of folders and filters (e.g. ssh, httpd, postfix,
etc). that way i'm able to only look into those issues i'm interested
in. took me 10 min. and saves hours a day ;)

regards, arne