Re: what java RPM?

On 9/4/05, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 11:19:45PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I need to install Java on my FC4. I dont want to install it outside of
> > any yum or at least RPM packaging.
> > I know the sun website provides some rpm.
> > What about it? it's just for college/studies use, nothing really
> > serious.
> >
> > What about Jikes, Blackdown,... what do you use?
> Currently we are using Sun's latest tarball which works well for us. I
> did not remember their having an rpm but maybe my memory is going.

I was very excited, when installing FC4 yesterday to discover that
java development tools are now an option under Anaconda.  I was less
than thrilled to discover what I'm using :(

[thufir@localhost ~]$ java --version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)

[thufir@localhost ~]$

=Thufir