Re: Redirecting E-mail

Hi I am not an expert also but I may have some clues for you,

/etc/aliases control the local server.
For example on my postfix server, account: erwgu user don't exists however
this mail adress works because in /etc/aliases I have such line:
erwgu:	admin

thus mail send to erwgu@xxxxxxxxxxx are redirected toward admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
by postfix

What you want to do it's to send mail on your ISP mail, thus a .forward file
on your account should be enough. Just have to put you ISP mail adress in
this plaintext .forward file. For that I think that your local smtp server
has to be able to send message outside from your LAN.

However you should be able under ThunderBird to read your mail on your local
machine. Mail are probably in /var/spool/mail/user. You can read it with
built-in account. It's a maildir format support

Regards

--
Guillou Erwan (GUILCOM)
erwgu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx