Re: Up2Date applet craps every time!

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
Hi Folks,

It is getting a bit annoying but for some reason or another,
Redhat's up2date applet is always broken with the greyed
question-mark icon and clicking on this icon results with
the message:
Error: <ProtocolError for xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com /APPLET: 502 Proxy Error>

Clicking the 'OK' button reveals another dialog that says:

Your subscription has not been activated... blah, blah, blah and
the default radio button is on the 'Activate Now' message and
dutifully complying with 'OK' will not solve this problem.  This
same error will keep on popping up.

Please note that I do not need a proxy to get through my firewall
at all so it is not set (should it be?) or is it perhaps that my linux
firewall is the issue here?  If it were, then why is FC4 not setup to
allow this applet to punch through for updates?

In any case, can anyone give me pointers here?  I am currently using
Yum to get updates on a manual invocation.

Kind regards,
Dan

Sorry; can't help you there. Up2date is broken in Fedora Core 4. It won't be back until Fedora Core 5.

Temlakos