Re: Help rescue a FC3 server

Jack Ling wrote:
My server been built with fc3. After doing lots of operations
(installing a number of packages) for months, I experienced strange
behavious on "the Nautilus file explorer".

Then, I decided to reboot it. But this time I have no luck. It fails
to boot. Stopping at the stage when showing the line : "configuring
kernal parameters....". Just stop there and never proceed.

I don't know what to do. I have the fc3 installation cd-roms on hand.
Putting disk 1, they have the rescue option. But how to use it to
recover my machine? While this is not yet a production server, I don't
want to loose the latest changes/settings I've done.

How to rescue it?

Or shall I use fc4? Is fc4 more stable than fc3, have better advantages?

If you have multiple kernels installed, try booting an older one. I recently came acoross an FC3 box that wouldn't boot the latest kernel, having similar symptoms to this.

Paul.