Re: Executables of two versions in one package

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 12:32:19PM +0000
To For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Executables of two versions in one package

> > I had seen that but I think that in the final binary there might be a
> > diff set of instructions for diff ver. As 1.9 gets executed from the
> > applications menu by default, I was wondering if its just a simple
> > wrapper for old menu scripts compatibility or some diff set of
> > instructions in the binary itself.
> >

> What do you mean by different set of instructions? Of course the final
> binary would be different from the beta copies (because of all the
> bug-fixes gone into it), but that has nothing to do with your problem.
> As you have seen it yourself, the 1.9 version (and 2.0 version also)
> is nothing but a wrapper to call the same binary, and is there for
> compatibility's sake. Stop worrying about this matter.

What I mean by diff set of instructions is that, when a binary is
executed , it sometimes is checked how it has been called and as per
needs the code is forked or not. Best example I can give is vim and
vimdiff which are nothing but same binaries but called differently and
therefore internally executed differently.

I am not worrying about anything, what caught my attention was a number
of mails on the list complaining about oo carshing and also no way a guy
could add a certificate  to sign a document, so I went on a check
myself. At that moment I found this and became curious.

Anyways, don't bother yourself.
--
vikram...
--
"The 'C' language can order structure members anyway it wants."

	- Richard B. Johnson
--
 .
~|~