Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Well there we go.
I just installed the nvidia driver by the book and it doesn't work.
I get a screen when I go back to init 5.
Nothing comes up it flashes on and off a couple of times and then goes into
`I cannot start the X server lets do a dodgy half hearted effort at doing something that isn't going to work'
Whoa is me.
I know people have got the nvidia drivers working on the Dell Inspiron 9300 with th Nvidia Go6800 so what could the answer be?
You're help, patience and time is appreciated.