Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

I use smart, myself. And in smart, I can "lock" a package and make sure
that it doesn't go anyplace. I can even see in advance what "smart" is
going to upgrade or downgrade or remove /before/ it happens.

No, don't /dump/ yum. But neither should you use it as your primary
package updater. I keep it around for certain situations such as
"repository reported unexpected size" that I've been seeing lately from
some of the jpp repos.

Temlakos
I used to use (on FC2) the RH Update program, but that was well below my expectations.
Yum was wonderful - until now. (I guess it made up for being 'wonderful'.))
Is the current RH updater any good? And what is Smart? How long have you been using it?

-nat