Re: OT-Smoothwall/IPCop: Differences.

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 00:05 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> this may have been done b4. Anyway, I'd like you to share your views on
> this. I know it's not specific to Fedora, but, still

SW/IPCop not suitable for any serious usage. I find stock Fedora much
much more stable and tested.

For example, resolver is simply broken in IPC 1.4, means squid not
working correctly. Random traffic slowdowns without any visible reason
(used IPC since 1.3, almost 2 years). After switching to unmodified FC3
same h/w works like charm. I find this very surprising, because IPC is
designed and optimized to do this very single task (and this was only
reason to use IPC)

Your mileage may vary.

al