Re: openoffice.org-2.0 crashes

Howdy,

Sharon Kimble wrote:

I'm finding that the current OpenOffice.org writer and spreadsheet
programs are crashing virtually every time they're being run with this
error message when run from the commandline;-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$ openoffice.org-2.0 -writer
/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/program/soffice: line 145:   355 Segmentation
fault "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

Has anyone got any solutions or workarounds please, because atm its
unusable.

Not seeing any replies or hints, I've removed the fedora rpms for openoffice and installed the OpenOffice.org ones, and now its all nice and stable and working well. :) Just thought I'd post a solution in case anyone else has the same problem.

Sharon.
Could you please provide the link that you downloaded the OpenOffice.org RPMS from?

TIA

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.