Re: IPv6 in FC4 - How

Tim wrote:

> I hadn't noticed until recently that ifconfig showed IPv6 addresses on
> my PC.  I had set up the NICs manually, and IPv6 wasn't ticked on, and
> thought nothing more about it.  Later I noticed the addresses in the
> ifconfig output, so I tried turning IPv6 on and off in the network
> configuration, but didn't notice any change in the output of ifconfig.
>
> I haven't noticed any other effects.  Should I bother to do anything
> about it?  I don't need IPv6 internally.

I was going to include IPv6 in the kernel I'm just compiling - 2.6.14 -
but after reading this thread it sounded as though
it was likely to cause unwanted problems.

As far as I am concerend IPv4 works perfectly -
I was only thinking of IPv6 to keep up with the Jones's.

It's a bit like selinux - great in theory,
but in practice likely to rasise more problems than it solves.

Or is that nonsense?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366