Re: Selinux and kernel-2.6.12-1.1381 Fedora Core 3

Antonio Olivares wrote:

Dear Kind Folks,
  I recently updated one of my machines at work which
was running Fedora Core 3 to kernel-2.6.12-1.1381 via
yum.  When I rebooted and booted to the new kernel, I
fired up firefox and could not load yahoo webpage.  I
tried google, Fedorafaq, Distrowatch and nothing.  I
suspected Selinux could be the culprit, so I did:
Hat -> System Settings -> Security Level and disabled
selinux.  Rebooted with new settings and viola I could
see yahoo, distrowatch, google, etc.  I went to
terminal fired up yum and yum update selinux and gave
me error message.  I tried again this time with
selinux-targetpolicy? (not to sure) but it went
through.  I reenabled selinux, and rebooted and could
not view any webpages again.  I will get back to the
machine on Monday, and it makes me wonder about what
do I need to do, which updates I need to run.
kernel installed ->	[kernel-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3.i686]

I read very carefully the FAQ for SELinux from http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/info/faq.cfm
but I am still clueless.  I would like to keep selinux
enabled and still view webpages.  How can I still do
that?
post to the fedora-selinux list with the AVC denied messages in /var/log/messages. Fedora SELinux FAQ is available from

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq/

regards
Rahul