Re: IPv6 in FC4 - How

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 17:20 -0600, Jay Cliburn wrote:
I'd like to tinker with IPv6 within my home network, but I'm finding a
dearth of information relating to configuring IPv6 in FC4.  I can't
even find a ping6 manpage on my FC4 systems.  The ping6 command is
there, but no manpage.  I searched the list archive back through June
2005, but the few IPv6 threads found there deal mostly with how to
completely shut it off.

	Yeah...  FC3 and FC4 and beyond have IPv6 enabled by accident.  Even
though the configuration defaults to "no", one of the configuration
utilities (I suspect either "ip" or "ifconfig" or both) references
PF_INET6 and the kernel kmodloads it in for you and away you go.  But
it's not properly configured like it should be and that's caused some
people some problems

Is there any bug reports filed on this? If they are not already reported, kindly do that and post a list.

regards
Rahul