Weird Problem with FC3

Hi,

Recently I bought a new HD for my laptop, so I decided to make a clean
installation of FC3 on it for replacing the FC2 installation on my old
HD. Everything  is working good, except for a "little" but annoying
problem: When a I restart my laptop and open a session with my normal
user, several applications (most notably OpenOffice, the game Celestia
and sometimes Firefox) refuse to run, they terminates with a "segment
violation" message. I found that if I close the session and just open
another one everything is OK. I messed up with the services, kernel
modules, init files, etc, and nothing seems to solve the problem. Please
has somebody any clue about what could be the problem? I hope you could
help me, I'm just getting tired of opening session twice.

Regards,

Winston