Re: still struggling with ndiswrapper

> Just to check this off the list... did non-wep work
> with the mac filter on? If the mac filter on when
> trying to connect with wep?

Yes, non-wep is working with the MAC filter enabled.

> Did you get rid of the wifi0 device/connection?

Yes, got rid of the wifi0 junk.

> When I was at the same point, I set all the settings
> using the applet. made sure all net connections where
> disconnected. and checked iwconfig wlan0 to make sure
> the settings had been saved by the applet. then
> rebooted without any connection auto connecting.
>
> I then opened the net applet and used the connect
> button to get a wep connection to my AP. eventually I
> got it, even with the default 4k kernel.

Tried this as well. Nothing Active on boot. Reboot, modprobe
ndiswrapper, and then activiate the wireless device with wep. No go.

> start elminating things you know are fine... you know
> that:
>
> -ndiswrapper is installed and working cause non-wep
> works
> -you have the right windows driver cause non-wep works
> -the 16k kernel is working cause non-wep works
> -static ip works cause...
> -?

-16K kernel works non-wep. Was locking machine with 4k kernel
-Static ip address worked in non-wep.

Honestly not sure what else to check. I've tried so many iterations.
Sometimes I get to the point where ndiswrapper gets totally hosed with
starting and stopping wireless, that I've had to hard reset my laptop.
Maybe that's partly a lack of patience, but rmmod ndiswrapper, with the
device inactive, just hangs.

Thanks,
James