Re: Somewhat OT -- Looking for ideas on how to test status of SSH TCP tunnel

I'd try vtund.
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/vtun/
I use it to bridge my work "private" network to my home private network
(Sits on ADSL with dynamic IP and afraid.org name resolution)
It's secure (According the 2 different security reviews I read) stable
(I don't remember seeing it crash) and it handles the (re-)connection by
itself.

Gilboa