Re: Windows install disc can't see my FC4 partitions

Kevin Kempter wrote:
----  <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure what this DMA problem you mentioned is. However, have you tried playing your DVD's with xine? I'm been running 100% windows free with minimal issues for a couple of years now.
It is xine that gives me the error message. I then run xine-check and it explains further that it is a DMA issue.

The DMA issue with the chip set (ich6) is documented and involves changes between the SATA and IDE drivers. At least the way I understand it. The latest kernel is so much better than the older kernel for accessing both the HD and DVD.

{pat on the back to the developers and thank you}

There are some things that I have to try but I need to get access to the laptop but my wife is using it heavily. Well it will give me time to do some further research and who knows, maybe a great fix.

--
Robin Laing