Re: Linux killer!

Hi

I think the point is that if Linux is to make a bigger dent in the
Windows desktop, more things have to "just work".  In a similar
experiment
to the one which started this thread, I slowly converted a non-technical
family with three computers from windows to Linux and recorded the
issues which came up.
(http://www.swlink.net/~styma/LinuxForTheMasses.shtml)
That case study makes up for nice reading but all of the technical enhancement requests should go into Fedora bugzilla for it to reach the appropriate developers. If there are licensing conflicts there might be other good solutions. For example, mp3 is well supported by Real Player or the Fluendo pack. If there is a no way to produce a open source solution that fits your needs you might need to get a commercial product.

regards
Rahul