RE: Security, Hacking & Social Engineering Presentation.

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 09:26, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:

> > The topics I'm going to cover, in no particular order, are:
> >
> >   - Sniffers
> >   - Viruses
> >   - Port Scanning
> >   - Fingerprinting
> >   - Unnecessary open ports
> >   - Bad software configuration (web servers, databases, mail
> > servers...)
> >   - SQL injections
> >   - Buffer Overflows
> >   - Use of google as a information gathering tool.
> >   - Firewalls
> >   - DOS attacks
> >   - Brute force attacks
> >   - Cryptography.
> >   - Cross site scripting
> >   - Man-in-the-middle
> >   - Intrusion Detection Systems
> >   - Honeypots
> >   - Identity Spoofing
> >   - Social Engineering
> >   - Gathering information from trash/rubbish
> >   - Physical security in buildings.  Access to the building, cable
> > sniffing, secure ID's...
> >   -  And more....  ;-)
> >
> With this list of topics,
> How many days long is this presentation going to be?

He is hoping to get enough information for papers to use in his other
classes and for other classmates.  Probably plans to plagiarize the work
anyone sends him and turn it in.  Almost sounds like a business plan
from the dot com days.  :)

If this was a class in social engineering he just failed.  :)