Re: default users configuration

Tim wrote:

> When adding new users, a skeleton (/etc/skel/) directory is used to
> populate the new user's directory with some standard directories and
> files.  The adduser command allows you to specify a different one.
> You could make up student and teacher skeleton directories, and use
> the adduser command, appropriately, to add new users.

Just to be clear, I'm suggesting that you preload the files used to make
the menus in the skeleton directories.

As far as *how* to do that particular thing, I can't really advise.
Though you could use a menu editing tool, like "smeg", look at the files
it creates, and use them as a template.

In your own homespace, it creates menu files in:
  ~/.local/share/applications/

I read messages from the public lists.