Re: still struggling with ndiswrapper

Hi James:

     I had a Linksys card that required that you set
the ssid to the actual network name, so If you were at
home and your network name is "home", you'd have to
set it as such.  Then when you went to a t-mobile
hotspot you'd have to set it to "tmobile".

     Most of them aren't that way, but just in case.

     I have also had a card that did not work right
with the fedora's 4k stack size.  The symptom there
was that it'd initially work, but then die when you
tried to put significant throughput thru it.

     The only other thing I've found is that some
ndiswrapper versions would not work with this
notebook.  You might try another version.

     Another hint is to completely delete the
ndiswrapper card from the network config, and create
it again, possibly rebooting after the delete.

     Once it works, do be aware that you have to
recompile every time you update the kernel.  Just go
in there and do a "make install".

     Hope this helps.

                    Best Regards,
                    L. Paul Andralouis