Multiple language support in OpenOffice 2 - Cannot change default document language

Upgrading openoffice.org from
openoffice.org-*-1.9.125-1.1.0.fc4.i386.rpm

openoffice.org-*-2.0.0-3.2.1.i386.rpm,

I find it is no longer possible to change the default document language - it is hard wired to the interface language.

Tools -> Options...

Language Settings -> Languages

In the lower part of the pane, there is "Default languages"
The label "Western" and associated drop-down is now grayed out. The value is taken from the Interface Language in the same pane. So if I change the user interface to "Italiano" and restart OO, I then see the document default language as "Italiano" - but I cannot change it back to English, even just for the current document, as is the expected behavior. I have verified this with just the Italian and German language packs installed.
Has anyone else seen this?  If not, I'll file a bug.

Sean Carlos
http://www.antezeta.com/