Re: Linux killer!

Howdy,

Claude Jones wrote:

On Sat October 29 2005 2:47 pm, Antonio Olivares wrote:
But you mention Yahoo Music Videos, that is another
animal.  I have the same problem too!   I have tried
to find a solution but usually firefox bails out.  I
told the students that the network firewal blocks the
videos, but they caught me because they do play in
windows.  Hope someone can help you!  I have even
tried to fool Yahoo Music Video webpage by using "User
Agent Switcher" in Interent Explorer mode, but firefox
just bails off.

I checked this out, too, after my earlier discovery re: streaming video. I get an error saying: "To use this application with Netscape, you must use a 4.7x or 7.1 version." I happen to be running Deer Park. Oh well - the original poster is right, though. One can up with any number of reasons why WM is not important for a Linux box, but, to be a truly competitive desktop for the masses, this issue will have to be solved. For my case, being able to play streaming WM is not about entertainment, it's about work. This is not intended as a criticism or complaint - if I were a programmer I'd jump in and help that project.
I'm running DeerPark also & got a little bit further with the "User Agent Switcher" extension. If set for IE6 XP, the player comes up but, no sound/video :-(

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.