Re: Sound lost on FC#

chrisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I ran across a weird problem with my Dell laptop where I had lost sound. Well technically I hadn't lost sound, only sound to my speakers. When I plugged in headphones I had sound. I found out that there is a ALSA mixer setting that you can turn off and my speakers worked again.

If headphone work on your machine you can start up alsamixer and then go all the way to the right, I think it was called MM or something like that.

Chris

Did you try to display a switch called "External Amplifier" and turn that on? It worked on my Dell Inspiron 1200.

Temlakos