Finally adding that swap file

I have one hard disk with three partions: /, /boot, and /home. I want
to add a swap file on the /home partion, because it has the most
available space. I found lots of pages where it gives instructions on
how to add the file, but they all seem to want to put the file on /.
The instructions mostly are:
1. Determine the size of the new swap file and multiple by 1024 to
determine the block size. For example, the block size of a 64 MB swap
file is 65536.
2. At a shell prompt as root, type the following command with count
being equal to the desired block size:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=65536
3. Setup the swap file with the command:
mkswap /swapfile
4. To enable the swap file immediately but not automatically at boot time:
swapon /swapfile
5. To enable it at boot time, edit /etc/fstab to include:
/swapfile               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
The next time the system boots, it will enable the new swap file.
6. After adding the new swap file and enabling it, make sure it is
enabled by viewing the output of the command cat /proc/swaps or free.

But how do I tell it to make the file on the /home partion? Also, if I
have 512 MB of ram, would a 1024 MB swap file be advisable? I know
that the old RAM*2 theory is out, but what is in?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html

.