Re: Why Fedora ?

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 08:01 -0700, Michael Peters wrote:
>  On Friday, October 28, 2005, at 06:18AM, gaurav <gauravp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Hi List ,
> >~             Sometimes I think I am wasting  my time on fedora .
> >I got ubuntu on onmy laptop works flawlessly with 3 year support cycle
> >, 16,000 pakages (mutiunivese repo) and of course apt , sysnaptic ,
> >adept and  rock solid :-) plus cutting pakages and six month release
> >schedule and with no strings attached
> >
> >I some times feel fedora is like lab rat for RH ...
> >
> >are we wasting time On fedora ?? Should we move 100% comunity based
> >project like ubuntu ?
> >
> >pl ppl let me know your views :-)

Hi!

I LOVE FEDORA because of:

- great hardware-support
- I can do many things at the shell (not like SuSE)
- it forces me to learn something about Linux
- "look and feel" is very nice
- yum
- nice and helpful community (specially good for newbies like me:))

what could be better?

- The updates should be tested more carefully before they are released
to stable!

Claus