Re: Large Ramdisk creation causes crashes

Brandon Ooi wrote:

> I performed the test without a filesystem with the same crashy results.
> It's only when the ramdisk fills do I see problems (with or without a
> filesystem). I've tried other filesystems as well (ext3, reiserfs). I
> have also removed the raid from the tests as it seems like that is not
> part of the problem.
>
> I'm still kind of stumped so if you have any ideas feel free to tell me :)

I would consider to Bugzilla it under 'kernel'.

In the meantime someone else mentioned tmpfs, that'd do you just fine:

mount -t tmpfs -o mode=1777,size=1024M none /mnt/myfs

will get you a 1GB /tmp-style "drive" ready to store things on without
formatting (in one step, without needing raid either).

-Andy