Re: LVM Resize Revisited

I thought you were finished.  You can't umount a filesystem while
your shell's current directory is in it.  So, the first 'exit'
will take you out of the chroot area.  If you want to do some
more stuff in rescue mode you can do it at that point, but
you'll be working with the tools/path on the CD and the
image under /mnt/sysinstall again instead of the more or
less normal environment you saw with the chroot shell.
You don't have to do the 2nd 'exit' until you are done, and
then you'll want to take the CD out as the system restarts.

Hi All,

ok, are we misunderstanding each other.? I had not run "chroot /mnt/sysimage", so I am already in that first stage of the rescue process. Still, I get that umount error message. I didn't see /mnt/sysinstall, only /mnt/sysimage. Cheers.?

Mark Sargent.