SOLVED: Re: MP3 Players [was Re: Sound for M7NCG 400 Motherboard running FC3]

OK - thought I'd post a follow-up just in case anyone else may be
struggling with the same problem...

http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc3/#xmms-mp3

Finally got me a player that would play mp3's. I didn't realize that
xmms is actually "Applications... Sound and Video... Audio Player". It's
not my favorite, but it plays my music.

The other audio players all seem to have problems:

rhythmbox still crashes each time I try to play an mp3
kaboodle simply ignores requests to play mp3's
noatun is completely out of control... it endlessly iterates through the
entire playlist when loaded

Thanks to all who provided input here.

Jay

--