Re: VFS Panic on my FC2 Test machine

Gilboa Davara wrote:
You have a problem with your mailer... I see the your post 5 times...

Yeah, I kept getting mailer bounces, it is fixed now. Sorry about that.

As for your problem:
How did you configured the kernel's IDE drivers and file-systems? Inside
the kernel or as modules?
If you build them as modules, you need to create an initrd file using
mkinitrd(8) and add the initrd line to your "test" grub section. (Check
the original FC2 section)

Have it all compiled in.

If you build them as a part of the kernel, you seem to have forgotten a
required driver.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I made the following changes to the .config and it boots :)

<snip>
< # Mon Oct 24 02:44:00 2005
---
> # Mon Oct 24 12:39:10 2005
483c483
< # CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI is not set
---
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
545c545,546
< # CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR is not set
---
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR_VENDOR=y
559,561c560,562
< # CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS is not set
< # CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS is not set
< # CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS is not set
---
> CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS=y
646,648c647,651
< # CONFIG_FUSION is not set
< # CONFIG_FUSION_SPI is not set
< # CONFIG_FUSION_FC is not set
---
> CONFIG_FUSION=y
> CONFIG_FUSION_SPI=y
> CONFIG_FUSION_FC=y
> CONFIG_FUSION_MAX_SGE=128
> # CONFIG_FUSION_CTL is not set
1489,1492c1492
< CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
< # CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
< # CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO is not set
< # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR is not set
---
> # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
</snip>