Re: Bad sound with AC97 and AMD 64 X2 (Gigabyte K8N Pro SLI)

At 5:32 PM -0600 10/23/05, Dan Hensley wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 14:50 -0600, Dan Hensley wrote:
>
>> > I have the same exact system and I have sound.  I seem to remember that
>> > I had to play around with the sound mixer in both gnome and kde to get
>> > it to work properly.  But it is possible to have sound with the smp
>> > kernel and the x2.
>>
>> I have sound, but it sounds horrific.  It's very scratchy--even system
>> sounds from Gnome sound bad.  Also with sound on my clock keeps jumping
>> forward.  My system seemed to act fairly good with sound turned off in
>> my BIOS.
>
>For what it's worth, sound is pretty bad on the non-smp kernel too.  So
>maybe the sound problem lies more with my onboard hardware rather than
>the smp kernel?  I'm wondering if I should go buy a SBLive or something.
>Does anyone have any idea if this has a chance of fixing my sound
>problem?

Well, a different sounc card may use a different sample rate, so it can fix
that problem.  Your problem sounds like other reports that were related to
sample rate.  Search this list for references.

Searching the list archives does not work.  Here's a list mirror to search:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

or use Google:

    <search terms> site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list