Re: Installing perl modules on FC4 x86_64

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 09:35 -0700, Jay Curtis wrote:

> I am having a problem with understanding what is going wrong with
> installing perl modules and then trying to install rpm packages that
> rely on that module.   When I download a perl module from CPAN and
> install it using the standard “perl Makefile.pl; make; make test; make
> install”, the module makes and installs with no errors.  When I then
> try to install an rpm package, i.e. perl.MLDBM-2.01.1.2.fc4.rf.noarch
> from dries repository, the rpm command fails with:

> Error: Failed Dependencies:

RPM dependencies are other RPMs. Therefore, they cannot be resolved with
CPAN source installs. It is possible to override this with --nodeps but
that is usually NOT a good idea.

The problem is avoided by installing perl modules from rpms.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
              RBLDNSD HowTo: http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm